Mercedes Benz G-Class, Eager Engines, Tech-Laden Interior, and Gentle Ride!
Mercedes Benz G Class is the ultimate off-road SUV for those who want to enjoy incredible features while maintaining a remarkable status. With its fusion of opulence and technology, the Mercedes Benz G Class ranks on top of the luxury large SUV class.
This well-rounded vehicle offers a smooth and relaxing ride with its spacious seating and lavish cabin materials. You can easily tackle rocks, trails, and water with this incredible off-roader. The price may be a concern for some people but not for those who like to maintain status. If you have a Mercedes Benz G-Class, we’ll buy it for cash today and pay top dollar.
Mercedes Benz G Class Trim Levels
Mercedes Benz G Class provides an incredible ride on different terrains with its two amazing trims.
Mercedes Benz G Class G 550 (Starting from $131,750)
- Standard 18-in Matte Black 5-spoke Wheels
- Optional 19-in Eight-spoke Wheels
- All-terrain tires
- Direct Injection with Multispark Ignition
- ECO Start/Stop System
- Extra-ordinary Off-road Aptitude
- Exquisitely Modern Cabin
- Grille with Chrome Accents
- Power Tilt/Sliding Glass Sunroof
- Stainless Steel Brush Guard
- Frameless Rearview Mirror
- Mercedes Benz Emergency Call
- Nappa Leather Steering Wheel
- G Manufaktur Nappa Leather Upholstery
- Steering Wheel with Touch Control Buttons
- COMAND System with Touchpad Controller
Mercedes-AMG G 63 (Starting from $156,450)
- 20-in AMG Multispoke Wheels
- AMG Exterior Styling
- Off-road Drive Modes
- CAMTRONIC with AMG Cylinder Management
- Sports Steering Wheel
- 64-color LED Ambient Lighting
- Brake Calipers with Mercedes Benz Lettering
- Three Lockable Differentials
- AMG Floor Mats
- Electrically Heated Windshield
- AMG Performance Steering Wheel in Nappa Leather
- Sports Exhaust System
- AMG Matte Silver Brush Guard
- Dynamic Engine Mounts
- Heated Side Mirrors with Power Fold-in
- Sport-tuned Suspension with Adaptive Damping
- Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC
- Exclusive Nappa Leather with Diamond Stitching
- Nappa Leather Grab Handles
- Heated, Power-adjustable Front Seats with Memory Settings
- Heated Rear Seats
- Stainless Steel Running Boards
- Universal Garage Door Opener
- Heat & Noise Insulating Glass
Engine & Performance
Mercedes Benz G Class comes with a 4.0L twin-turbo V8 engine that can produce 550-horsepower. If you want to enjoy a more powerful engine, you can consider choosing the handcrafted 4.0L twin-turbo V8 engine that can produce 577-horsepower. Both the engines are combined with a nine-speed automatic transmission.
The base engine provides a fuel efficiency rating of 17mpg within the city and 19mpg on the highway. The upgraded engine achieves a rating of 13mpg within the city and 16mpg on the highway.
Mercedes Benz G Class Safety Features
Mercedes Benz G Class ensures your safety with its advanced safety features.
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keeping Assist
- Forward Collision Warning with Automatic Emergency Braking
- Blindspot Monitoring System
- Automatic High Beam Headlights
- Mercedes Pre-Safe
- Tri-zone Automatic Climate Control
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Adaptive Headlights
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Proximity Keyless Entry
- Merceds’ Car-to-X Communication
- Pedestrian Detection
- Driver Drowsiness Monitoring
- Rear Cross-traffic Alert
- LED Intelligent Light System Headlamps
- Push-button Start
- Mercedes Pre-Safe Sound
- Rearview Camera
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Remote Start
- Parallel and Perpendicular Parking System
- PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist
Mercedes Benz G Class Color Options
Mercedes Benz G Class comes in 8 beautiful colors that can perfectly match your style.
- Brilliant Blue Metallic
- Magnetite Black Metallic
- Rubellite Red Metallic
- Cavansite Blue Metallic
- Mojave Silver Metallic
- Polar White
- Emerald Green Metalic
- Obsidian Black Metallic
Infotainment & Entertainment
With these advanced tech and entertainment features, you’d never feel bored on the road.
- 3-in Touchscreen Display
- Rear Entertainment System with Twin 10-in Display
- 3-in Digital Instrument Cluster
- 15-speaker Burmester Stereo
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Touchpad Controller
- Wireless Device Charging
- Mapping & Navigation
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Two USB Ports
- Satellite Radio
- Panoramic Sunroof
Awards & Recognition
Over the Years, the Mercedes Benz G Class has won several awards for its outstanding performance.
- Best Luxury Car Award in 2021
- Best Dream Machine Award by MotorWeek
- Best Vehicle Brand Award by U.S News and World Report
Mercedes Benz G Class Brief History
Mercedes Benz G Class, aka G-Wagen, was launched as a military off-roader in 1979 and the luxury models were added to the lineup in the coming years. It’s manufactured by Magna Steyr in Austria and marketed by Mercedes Benz globally. In some markets, it’s also marketed as Puch G.
Its boxy styling and body-on-frame construction made it a leading choice for most off-roading enthusiasts. The company has sold more than 400,000 units of this vehicle since 1979.
Evolution of Mercedes Benz G Class
Four generations of Mercedes Benz G Class are launched since 1979.
First Generation (1979-1992)
First-generation was launched with multiple body styles including a 2-door SWB convertible, 3-door SWB Station Wagon, 3-door LWB Panel Van, and 5-door LWB Station Wagon.
It came with four engine options including a 2.0L inline-four, 2.3L inline-four, 2.6L inline-four, and a 2.8L inline-six engine. It was available as a 4-speed and a 5-speed manual transmission.
Second Generation (1992-2004)
The second generation was launched with five body styles including a 2-door SWB convertible, 3-door SWB panel van, 2-door cab chassis, 3-door LWB panel van, and a 5-door LWB station wagon.
It came with five engine options including a 2.3L inline-four, 2.5L diesel inline-five, 2.7L turbodiesel inline-five, 2.9L turbodiesel inline-five, and a 3.0L turbodiesel V6. It was available as a 4-speed automatic and a 4-/5-speed manual transmission.
Third Generation (2004-2018)
The third generation is available in three body styles including a 2-door SWB convertible, 3-door SWB, and a 5-door LWB station wagon. It came with a 3.0L V6, 5.0L V8, 6.0L twin-turbo V12, and a 4.0L Biturbo V8 engine. It was available as a 4-/5-/7-speed automatic transmission.
Fourth Generation (2018-Present)
The fourth generation is a 5-door SUV that comes with a 4.0L twin-turbo V8 engine and a handcrafted 4.0L twin-turbo V8 engine. It’s available as a nine-speed automatic transmission. A 2.0L turbocharged inline-four engine was also introduced but it was discontinued after a year.
Mercedes Benz G Class Sales Figures
Here’s a year-by-year overview of Mercedes Benz G Class sales conducted within the United States.
||Mercedes Benz G Class Units Sold
What’s the Cost of New and Used Mercedes Benz G Class in the USA
A new Mercedes Benz G Class may cost around $131,750-246,500 depending on the trim and additional features you’re choosing. A used Mercedes Benz G Class may cost around $55,900-$143,500 depending on the model year, vehicle’s overall condition, and other factors.
Sell your Mercedes Benz G Class for Cash in the USA
If you’re willing to sell your Mercedes Benz G Class at a reasonable price, we’d be more than happy to make an offer We’ve purchased a number of Mercedes Benz G Class units over the years because it boasts excellent off-roading capabilities. So, feel free to give us a call or fill out our online form to get the best quote for your Mercedes Benz G Class today.