Land Rover Discovery, Swift Acceleration, Stylish Exterior, and Upscale Cabin!
Land Rover Discovery boasts excellent off-road capability with its powerful engine options. It stands out with its stylish exterior and high-quality interior. It ensures a comfortable ride with two rows of welcoming seats. Moreover, it’s one of the most affordable luxury midsize SUVs. We bet you’d fall in love with its adventurous spirit.
If you’re looking for an affordable luxury midsize SUV with excellent off-road capability, Land Rover Discovery must be on your list. If you have a Land Rover Discovery, we’ll buy it for cash today and pay top dollar.
Land Rover Discovery Trim Levels
Land Rover Discovery provides a smooth driving experience with its four different trims.
Land Rover Discovery S (Starting from $56,600)
- Leather Upholstery
- Ebony Grained Leather Seat Facing
- Heated Front Seats with 14-way Power Adjustment
- Gloss Black Land Rover Discovery Interior Trim
- Leather-wrapped, Tilt-and-telescoping Steering Wheel
- Reclining, Power-folding Second-row Seats
- LED Headlights with Signature DRL
- Electronic Air Suspension
Land Rover Discovery R-Dynamic (Starting from $59,700)
- Light Oyster/Ebony DuoLeather Seats
- 20-in Split-spoke Alloy Wheels with Satin Dark Gray Finish
- Shadow Aluminum Trim Finisher
- Black Contrast Roof and Black Body Accents
- Ebony Morzine Headlining
- Sportier Exterior Accents
- Metal Treadplates with R-Dynamic Branding
Land Rover Discovery R-Dynamic HSE (Starting from $71,500)
- 22-in Five Split-spoke Alloy Wheels with Gloss Silver Finish
- Windsor Leather Upholstery
- Premium Cabin Lighting
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Front Seats with 20-way Power Adjustment
- Heated Rear Seats
- Electric Third-row Seats
- Hitch Receiver and Trailer Reverse Assist
- Powered Inner Tailgate
Land Rover Discovery Metropolitan Edition (Starting from $75,300)
- Bright Atlas Grille and Discovery Script
- Heated and Cooled Rear Seats
- Cabin Air Purification
- Hakuba Silver Tow Eye Covers
- Heated, Power-adjustable Third-row Seats
- Powered Gesture Tailgate
- Front Fog Lights
- Center Console Refrigerator
- Black Brake Calipers
- Titanium Mesh Land Rover Discovery Interior Trim
- Head-up Display
- Heated, Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel
Engine & Performance
Land Rover Discovery comes standard with a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine that produces 296 horsepower. You can also choose a 3.0L turbocharged V6 engine that can produce 355 horsepower. Both engine options are combined with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Land Rover Discovery is one of the leading options in the luxury midsize SUVs segment because it comes standard as a four-wheel drive. The base engine provides a satisfactory driving experience in daily driving situations whereas the V6 engine provides a more authoritative ride.
The base engine provides a fuel efficiency rating of 19mpg within the city and 22mpg on the highway. The V6 engine achieves a rating of 19mpg within the city and 25mpg on the highway.
Land Rover Discovery Safety Features
Land Rover Discovery ensures a safe and comfortable ride with these advanced safety features.
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keeping Assist
- Forward Collision Warning with Automatic Emergency Braking
- Blindspot Monitoring System
- Automatic High-beam Headlights
- Rain-sensing Windshield Wipers
- Driver Drowsiness Monitoring System
- Surround-view Parking Camera System
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Head-up Display
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection
- Head-up Display
- Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror
- Safe-exit Assist
- Standard Tri-zone Automatic Climate Control
- Optional Quad-zone Automatic Climate Control
- Rear Cross-traffic Alert
- Proximity Keyless Entry
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
Land Rover Discovery Color Options
Land Rover Discovery stands out with its twelve beautiful colors.
- Namib Orange Premium Metallic
- Santorini Black Metallic
- Eiger Gray Metallic
- Lantau Bronze Metallic
- Hakuba Silver Metallic
- Yulong White Metallic
- Byron Blue Metallic
- Silicon Silver Premium Metallic
- Fuji White
- Portofino Blue Metallic
- Charente Gray Premium Metallic
- Carpathian Gray Premium Metallic
Infotainment & Entertainment
Land Rover Discovery ensures a fun ride with its advanced tech and entertainment features.
- 11.4-in Touchscreen Display
- Standard 12-speaker Meridian Stereo
- Optional 14-speaker Meridian Surround-sound System
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Wireless Device Charging
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Two USB Ports
- Universal Garage Door Opener
- Satellite Radio
- Ambient Interior Lighting
- Mapping & Navigation
- Center Console Refrigerator Compartment
- HD Radio
- Dual-pane Panoramic Roof
Awards & Recognition
Land Rover Discovery has won several awards for its incredible performance over the years.
- Car of the Year Award by Carsales
- Middle East Car of the Year Award in 2020
- IIHS Top Safety Pick
Land Rover Discovery Brief History
Land Rover Discover, aka Disco, is a series of medium to large premium SUVs introduced in 1989. It was one of the leading off-road capable family cars launched at that time. It can be used as a utility vehicle and a family car because it comes standard as a four-wheel drive. It was initially manufactured by Land Rover Ltd. but the manufacturing rights were later taken over by Jaguar Land Rover in 2013.
The current generation of Land Rover Discovery is larger than its predecessors because it comes with a unitized body structure.
Evolution of Land Rover Discovery
Three generations of Land Rover Discovery are launched since 1989.
First Generation (1989-2003)
Discovery Series I (1989-1994)
The first generation was launched as a 3-door estate/van and a 5-door estate. It came with four engine options including a 2.0L four-cylinder, 2.5L four-cylinder, 3.5L V8, and a 3.9L V8 engine. It was available as a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic transmission.
Discovery Series II (1994-2003)
Discovery Series II was launched as a 5-door estate. It came with two gas engines including a 4.0L V8 and a 4.6L V8 engine. A 2.5L turbodiesel engine was also introduced for better performance. It was available as a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic transmission.
Second Generation (2004-2016)
Discovery 3 (2004-2009)
The second generation was initially launched as Discovery 3. It came with two gas engines including a 4.0L V6 and a 4.4L V8 engine. A 2.7L turbodiesel V6 engine was also introduced for better performance. It was available as a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission.
Discovery 4 (2009-2016)
An upgraded version of the second generation was launched in 2009 as Discovery 4. It came with two gas engines including a 3.0L V6 and a 5.0L V8 engine. This time, the company introduced two diesel engines a 2.7L V6 and a 3.0L V6 engine.
It was initially available as a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission and was later upgraded to the 8-speed automatic transmission in 2012.
Third Generation (2017-Present)
The third generation was launched as a 5-door SUV. It comes with a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder and a 3.0L Turbocharged V6 engine. Both engine options are combined with 8-speed automatic transmission. It comes standard as a four-wheel drive.
Land Rover Discovery Sales Figures
Here’s a year-by-year overview of Land Rover Discovery sales conducted within the United States.
||Land Rover Discovery Units Sold
What’s the Price of New and Used Land Rover Discovery in the United States?
A new Land Rover Discovery may cost around $56,600-$75,300 depending on the trim and package you’re choosing. A used Land Rover Discovery may cost around $31,400-$66,900 depending on the model year, vehicle’s overall condition, and other factors.
Sell your Land Rover Discovery for Cash in the USA
If you’re willing to sell your Land Rover Discovery at a reasonable price, we’d be more than happy to make an offer. Over the years, we’ve purchased a number of Land Rover Discovery units because it’s one of the most affordable luxury midsize SUVs. So, feel free to give us a call or fill out our online form to get the best quote for your Land Rover Discovery today!