Honda Clarity, Decent Electric Range, Spacious Cabin, and Balanced Ride & Handling!
Isn’t it awesome having a car that provides a fuel efficiency rating of 110mpg-e while producing 212-horsepower? Honda Clarity is the perfect option for those looking to enjoy a smooth and comfortable ride without having to worry about rising fuel prices. It’s a four-door, five-passenger sedan that looks pretty much similar to Honda Accord.
Whether you choose a plug-in or a full cell version, you’d get to enjoy amazing driving dynamics and outstanding fuel efficiency. If you have a Honda Clarity, we’ll buy it for cash today and pay top dollar.
The overall design of this Plug-in hybrid is a bit similar to Honda Accord but it’s 4-in shorter than Honda Accord. This 4-door sedan is equipped with 18-in Aerodynamic Wheels that add a spectacular look to the car’s overall design. It provides an ample amount of headroom and legroom for all the passengers.
Its 15.5-cubic-foot trunk provides enough room for storing your luggage. The split-folding rear seats can provide you with more storage space whenever needed.
Honda Clarity Available Trim Levels
Honda Clarity is available in two different trim levels known as Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid and Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid Touring. Both the variants provide a remarkable performance with tons of amazing features.
Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid (Starting from $33,400)
- Hill Start Assist
- 18-in Aerodynamic Alloy Wheels
- Multi-link Rear Suspension
- ECON mode
- Electric Parking Brake with Automatic Brake Hold
- Heated Front Seats
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Contro
- Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls
- Driver and Passenger-side Seatback and Smartphone Pockets
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors
- Electronic Remote Trunk Release
- Remote Charging-door Release
- Rear Window Defroster
- Body-Colored Decklid Spoiler
Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid Touring (Starting from $36,600)
Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid Touring comes with all features of the base model while adding a few extra features that provide a more comfortable experience on the road.
- Perforated Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Front and Rear Stabilizer Bars
- Driver’s Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment and 2-Position Memory
- AC Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Electric Motor
- Front Passenger’s Seat with 4-Way Power Adjustment
- MacPherson Strut Front Suspension
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Deceleration Pedal Selectors
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
Engine & Performance
Clarity Hybrid Plug-in is a single-speed automatic transmission capable of producing 212- horsepower with its 1.5L 4-cylinder gas engine, two electric motors, and 17kWh Lithium-ion battery. The Hydrogen Fuel Cell is also a single-speed automatic transmission that can produce 174-horsepower.
Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid provides a fuel efficiency rating of 110mpg within the city and on the highway when it’s using gas and electricity. But when it’s using gas only, it can provide a fuel-efficiency rating of 42mpg within the city and on the highway.
Honda Clarity Fuel Cell has a 360-mile range which means it provides a fuel efficiency rating of 68mpg within the city and on the highway. Thus, it gives tough competition to the industry-best electrics.
Honda Clarity Safety Features
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Programmable Auto-Locking Doors
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Forward Collision Warning
- Automatic Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Lane Departure Warning
- Road Departure Mitigation System
Honda Clarity Available Color Options
Honda Clarity is available in 6 different color options that can perfectly match your style.
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Platinum White Pearl
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Solar Silver Metallic
- Crimson Pearl
- Moonlight Forest Pearl
Audio & Connectivity
- 180-Watt Audio System with 8 Speakers
- 8-in Display with High-Res Electrostatic Touchscreen
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Bluetooth Streaming Audio
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink
- SiriusXM Radio
Awards & Recognition
Honda Clarity has earned a great reputation with its extraordinary performance. Honda Clarity won the following awards over the years.
- Most Important Car for 100 Years
- 2008 Good Design Award
- World Green Car of the Year in 2009
- 2020 Best Buy Electric/Hybrid Car
Honda Clarity Brief History
Honda Clarity was initially launched as a hydrogen fuel-cell electric vehicle in 2008. After successfully building a great reputation in this market, Honda launched the battery-electric and plug-in hybrid electric version in 2017 to beat its competitors. Due to the US leases for fuel-cell variants, the production of Honda Clarity was discontinued in August 2021.
Evolution of Honda Clarity
Honda has launched two different generations of Honda Clarity since 2008 that have successfully dominated the market with their outstanding fuel efficiency rating.
First Generation (2008-2014)
The first generation Honda Clarity was launched as a hydrogen fuel-cell electric vehicle in 2008. It became quite popular because it was the first vehicle of this category available for retail customers. It was mainly launched for Southern California’s users because there were several hydrogen fuel stations available at that time.
Second Generation (2016-2021)
Second Generation Honda Clarity was launched as a plug-in hybrid and battery-electric vehicle in the U.S. The Clarity Fuel-Cell was the only Zero-emission vehicle that provided the highest EPA driving range rating. Honda’s Samaya Plant is scheduled to close in March 2022. Therefore, the company discontinued the production of this vehicle in August 2021
Honda Clarity Sales Figures
Here’s a year-by-year overview of the Honda Clarity sales conducted within the US.
|Year||Honda Clarity Units Sold|
|2022 (Jan Sales)||30|
What’s the Price of a New and Used Honda Clarity?
A new Honda Clarity Costs around $33,400-$36,600 based on the trim level you’re choosing. We’ve mentioned the features of different trim levels with their market price in the “Honda Clarity Available Trim Levels” section.
A used Honda Clarity may cost around $24,000-$33,000 depending on its model year, overall condition, and other factors.
Sell Your Honda Clarity for Cash
If you’re willing to sell your Honda Clarity for Cash, we’d be more than happy to buy it from you. Over the years, we’ve purchased several models of Honda Clarity because we understand the real worth of these vehicles.
We invite you to fill out our online form or give us a call if you need a reasonable quote for your Honda Clarity today.
Here are some of the Honda Models We Buy:
Honda Clarity Fuel Cell