Ford Explorer, Comfortable, Capable, and Spacious Mid-Size SUV!
Ford Explorer offers the luxury and roominess people love to have in a mid-size SUV. Its energetic engines and large cargo hold make it a great choice for long rides. With its incredible road grip and sturdy brakes, you get to enjoy a comfortable experience around turns.
The off-road trim provides a great experience on dirt or sandy trails as it’s equipped with a limited-slip differential and specifically tuned shock absorbers. If you have a Ford Explorer, we’ll buy it for cash today and pay top dollar.
Ford Explorer Trim Levels
Ford Explorer perfectly meets your requirements for performance, off-roading, and luxury with different trim levels.
Ford Explorer Base (Starting from $33,245)
- 18-in Painted Aluminum Wheels
- Privacy Glass for Second and Third Row
- Manual-Folding Power Glass Side View Mirrors
- LED Headlights with Auto High Beam
- Cloth Upholstery
- LED Tail Lamps
- Tri-Zone Electronic Automatic Climate Control
- Reverse Sensing System
- Rear Bumper Step Pad
Ford Explorer XLT (Starting from $36,145)
- 18-in Five-Spoke Sparkle Silver Aluminum Wheels
- Chrome Bodyside Cladding Accent
- Second-Row Captain’s Chairs
- Grille with Black Mesh Insert with Chrome Bars
- Heated Front Seats
- Dual Second-row Smart-Charging USB Ports
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Black Roof Rack Side Rails
- Manual Folding, Heated Power Glass Side View Mirrors
- LED Signature Lighting
Ford Explorer ST-Line (Starting from $44,745)
- 20-in Machined-Aluminum Wheels with Painted Pockets
- Dual Chrome Exhaust Tips
- Explorer Hood Badge
- LED Fog Lamps
- Multi-Color Ambient Lighting
- Universal Garage Door Opener
- Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- PowerFold Sideview Mirrors
- Unique Blackout Treatment on Headlamps and Tail Lamps
- Heated, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Red Stitching
- Wireless Charging Pad
Ford Explorer Limited (Starting from $45,495)
- 20-in Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels
- Second-Row Sunblinds
- Satin Aluminum Roof Rack Side Rails
- Heated Second-Row Seats
- Power-Folding Heated Power Glass Sideview Mirrors
- Leather Upholstery with Micro-Perforation and Accent Stitching
Ford Explorer Timberline (Starting from $46,245)
- 18-in High Gloss Black Aluminum Wheels with Laser-Etched Timberline Logo
- Unique Timberland Badges
- Front, Rear, and Underbody Steel Skid Plates
- Heated, Leather-Wrapped Sport-Style Steering Wheel
- Terrain Management System
- ActiveX Upholstery with a Heathered Cloth Insert
Ford Explorer ST (Starting from $47,245)
- 20-in Machined-Aluminum Wheels with Painted Pockets
- Heated, Sport-Style Steering Wheel with ST Logo and Paddle Shifters
- Unique Sport-Tuned Independent Front and Rear Suspension
- Leather Upholstery with Miko Micro-Perforated Inserts
- Quad Chrome Exhaust Tips
Ford Explorer Platinum (Starting from $52,115)
- Tri-Diamond Perforated Leather Upholstery
- 21-in Machined-Face Aluminum Wheels with Luster Nickel-Painted Pockets
- Illuminated Front Scuff Plates
- Adaptive Headlamps with LED Signature Lighting
- Unique Satin Aluminum Grille
Ford Explorer King Ranch (Starting from $53,610)
- PowerFold Third-Row Seats
- 20-in Ten-Spoke Aluminum Wheels with King Ranch Center Cap
- Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate
- Mesa Del Rio Leather Center Console with King Ranch Logo
- Stone Gray Grille Mesh Insert
- Mesa Del Rio Leather Upholstery with Lasso-Perforated Inserts
Engine & Performance
Ford Explorer comes standard with a turbocharged 2.3L four-cylinder engine that produces 300-horsepower. You can also choose a twin-turbocharged 3.0L V6 engine that produces 400-horsepower. Both engines are equipped with a 10-speed automatic transmission.
The base engine provides a fuel efficiency rating of 21mpg within the city and 28mpg on the highway. Whereas, the V6 engine provides a fuel efficiency rating of 18mpg within the city and 26mpg on the highway. The fuel efficiency rating may drop to 18mpg within the city and 24mpg on the highway if you select a 4WD with the V6 engine.
Ford Explorer Safety Features
With its advanced safety features, you can rest assured about your family’s safety on all terrains.
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keeping Assist System
- Forward Collision Warning with Automatic Emergency Braking
- Driver Attention Monitor
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights
- Surround-View Parking Camera System
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Rearview Camera with Rear-Cross Traffic Alert
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Front Parking Sensors
- Pedestrian Detection
- Road Sign Recognition
- Lane Centering
- Reverse Automatic Emergency Braking
Ford Explorer Color Options
Ford Explorer is available in nine different color options that can best match your style.
- Stone Gray
- Atlas Blue
- Carbonized Gray
- Oxford White
- Agate Black
- Iconic Silver
- Rapid Red Metallic
- Infinite Blue Metallic
- Star White Metallic Tri-Coat
Infotainment & Entertainment
You get to enjoy a fun and entertaining ride with these infotainment & entertainment features.
- Standard 8-in Touchscreen Display
- Optional 10.1-in Touchscreen Display
- 3-in Digital Gauge Cluster
- Standard six-speaker Stereo
- Optional 12- or 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen Stereo
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Satellite Radio
- Twin Panel Moonroof
- Two Second-Row USB Ports
- HD Radio
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
Awards & Recognition
Ford Explorer has won several awards for its extraordinary performance
- Best Car for Money Award
- JD Power Award in 2022
- Top Safety Pick by IIHS
Ford Explorer Brief History
Ford Explorer was launched as a replacement for Bronco II in 1991. It became so popular that the company sold more than 300,000 per year from 1991-1994. And by the end of the second generation, the company achieved a milestone of selling 400,000 units per year. It also became the ninth best-selling vehicle in the USA in 1994.
Ford Explorer Evolution
Ford has launched six generations of Ford Explorer with multiple chassis and powertrain layouts.
First Generation (1991-1994)
The first generation was a four-door SUV based on the compact Ford Ranger Pickup. It was launched with a 4.0L Cologne OHC V6 engine combined with a four-speed automatic or five-speed manual transmission. The users could choose between a rear-wheel and four-wheel drive.
Second Generation (1995-2001)
The second generation was launched with more dynamic front end and mechanical changes. It was initially launched with a 4.0L V6 engine. Later on, the company introduced a 5.0L V8 engine in 1996. This generation was available with a fully independent long- and short-arm front suspension.
Third Generation (2002-2005)
The third generation was designed to accommodate seven people as it was launched with a third-row seat. This time the 5.0L V8 engine was replaced by a 4.0L V8 engine. And the manual transmission was discontinued after 2002.
Fourth Generation (2006-2010)
Fourth-generation was launched with a stiffer frame and a revised front suspension. Several changes were made to the interior such as canopy airbags, roll stability control, and other safety features.
Fifth Generation (2011-2015)
It was significantly different from the previous generations. It was launched with a 3.5L V6 and a 2.0L EcoBoost Engine. In 2016, a 2.3L four-cylinder engine replaced the 2.0L EcoBoost engine.
Sixth Generation (2020-Present)
The sixth generation was launched with a roomier cabin and better off-roading capabilities. It comes standard with a 2.3L inline-four engine. But the users can also choose a 3.0L V6 or a 3.3L V6 engine. It also offers advanced infotainment & entertainment features that aren’t found in the previous generations.
Ford Explorer Sales Figures
Here’s a year-by-year overview of Ford Explorer units sold in the United States:
||Ford Explorer Units Sold
What’s the Cost of New and Used Ford Explorer in the USA?
A new Ford Explorer may cost around $33,245-$58,700 depending on the trim level you’re choosing. Whereas a used Ford Explorer may cost around $13,500-$52,300 depending on the model year, vehicle’s overall condition, and other factors.
Sell your Ford Explorer for Cash in the USA
If you’re interested in selling your Ford Explorer at an attractive price, we’d be pleased enough to buy it from you. We’ve purchased thousands of Ford Explorer units over the years because it provides excellent off-roading capabilities at a reasonable price. So, feel free to give us a call or fill out our online form if you need the best quote for your Ford Explorer today!