Ford Expedition, Brawny Engine, Spacious Cabin, and Excellent Fuel Efficiency!
Ford Expedition is an ideal choice for SUV lovers as it provides a well-mannered ride with plenty of room for passengers and cargo. Ford Expedition is the leading choice in the large SUV segment as it comes with a powerful engine and provides composed handling that is barely found in any other vehicle of this category. If you have a Ford Expedition, we’ll buy it for cash today and pay top dollar.
Ford Expedition Trim Levels
Ford Expedition is available in five trim levels that can perfectly accommodate the needs of different SUV lovers.
Ford Expedition XL STX (Starting from $51,080)
- Aluminum Wheels with Painted Accents
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel
- Halogen Headlights
- 40-20-40 Rear Seat Split Bench
- Leather-Trimmed Steering Wheel
- Intermittent Rear Wiper with Washer
- Driver’s Seat with 8-way Power Adjustment
- Passenger’s Seat with 2-way Power Adjustment
- Manual Flip-Up Liftgate
- Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls
- Acoustic Laminated Glass
Ford Expedition XLT (Starting from $55,140)
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Hill Start Assist
- PowerFold and Power Recline 60/40 Third Row Seat
- Black Roof Rack Side Rails
- Co-Pilot 360
- Second-Row 40/20/40 CenterSlide Seats with Manual Recline
- Platform black running boards
- Driver’s Seat with Eight-Way Power Adjustment and Power Lumbar
- Rearview Camera with Backup Assist Grid Lines and Washer
Ford Expedition Limited (Starting from $64,295)
- Heated Steering Wheel
- 20-in Premium Dark Tarnish-Painted Wheels
- First and Second-row Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Power Deployable Running Boards
- Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System
- Driver and Front Passenger’s seats with Ten-Way Power Adjustment and Power Lumbar
Ford Expedition King Ranch (Starting from $74,815)
- Del Rio Leather-Trimmed Seats
- 22-in Six-Spoke Painted Machined-Face Aluminum Wheels
- 360-Degree Camera with a Split View and Front/Rear Washer
- Intelligent Access with Push Button Start
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-go
Ford Expedition Platinum (Starting from $76,865)
- Woodgrain Appliques
- Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist
- Bright Roof Rack Side Rails with Bright End Caps
- Hands-free foot-activated liftgate
- Enhanced Active Noise Control
- Roof Rail Crossbars
- Panoramic Vista Roof with Power Open/Close and Power Sunshade
Engine & Performance
It comes with a 3.5L twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 Engine that produces 375-horsepower. However, if you consider choosing Platinum, you get a more powerful engine with the ability to produce 400-horsepower. It offers outstanding towing and hauling capabilities as it’s equipped with a smooth-shifting 10-speed automatic transmission.
It can easily tow up to 9,300 pounds when it’s properly equipped. If you want a remarkable off-roading experience, you can choose FX4 off-road package that comes with a limited-slip differential, off-road-tuned shocks, and skid plates.
If you’re choosing a rear-wheel drive, you may expect a fuel efficiency rating of 17mpg within the city and 23mpg on the highway. And if you’re choosing a four-wheel drive, the fuel efficiency will be around 16mpg within the city and 21mpg on the highway.
Ford Expedition Safety Features
Ford Expedition ensures your family’s safety with its outstanding safety features:
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Front Parking Sensors
- Blindspot Monitoring System
- Proximity Keyless Entry
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights
- Forward Collision Warning with Automatic Emergency Braking
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Surround View Parking Camera System
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Stop-and-Go Adaptive Cruise Control
Ford Expedition Color Options
You can choose between 9 different color options including
- Rapid Red
- Agate Black
- Star White
- Antimatter Blue
- Oxford White
- Iconic Silver
- Burgundy Velvet
- Kodiak Brown
Infotainment & Entertainment
These advanced infotainment features will never let you feel bored on the road:
- 8-in Touchscreen Display
- 8-in Digital Gauge Cluster
- SYNC3 Infotainment System
- Standard six-speaker Stereo
- Optional 12-Speaker Band & Olufsen Stereo
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Wireless Device Charging
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Rear-Seat Entertainment System with Two Screens
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- HD Radio
Awards & Recognition
Ford Expedition has won several awards for its excellent performance:
- AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Award in 2010
- D Power Award in 2012
- Kelley Bluebook’s Best Buy Award in 2021
Ford Expedition Brief History
Ford Expedition is a full-size three-row SUV launched as a successor of Ford Bronco in 1997. It was Ford’s first full-size SUV launched with a four-door body. It shares some parts of its body and mechanical components with the Ford F-150 right from its birth.
Initially, the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan was used for assembling the units. However, the operations were moved to Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville, Kentucky in 2009.
Evolution of Ford Expedition
Ford has launched four generations of Ford Expedition since its launch in 1997.
First Generation 1997-2002
First-generation was launched with two engine options including a 4.6L V8 engine and a 5.4L V8 engine. It was a front-wheel drive with several advanced features including illuminated running boards, leather seating surfaces, heated side-view mirrors, and more. The power and torque of both engine options were increased in 1999.
Second Generation 2003-2006)
The second generation was launched with the same engine options but it featured a new four-wheel independent long-travel suspension system. The maneuvering capabilities were increased with the new steering, braking, and electronic systems.
Third Generation (2007-2017)
4.6L V8 engine was dropped and only 5.4L V8 engine was available in the beginning. Later on, the company introduced a 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine in 2015 to provide better fuel efficiency. It was launched with Ford’s signature three “hollow bar” grille with several other cosmetic changes inside and out.
Fourth Generation (2018-Present)
The fourth generation was launched with a 3.5L twin-turbocharged V6 engine. It came standard as a rear-wheel driver and the users could opt for a four-wheel drive as well. It’s available in five trim levels and offers advanced safety and tech features.
Ford Expedition Sales Figures
Here’s a year-by-year overview of Ford Expedition units sold in the United States:
|Year||Ford Expedition Units Sold|
What’s the Cost of New and Used Ford Expedition in the USA?
A new Ford Expedition may cost around $51,080-$73,900 depending on the trim level you’re choosing. Whereas a used Ford Expedition may cost around $8,500-$68,500 depending on the model year, vehicle’s overall condition, and other factors.
Sell your Ford Expedition for Cash in the USA
If you’re interested in selling your Ford Expedition at a reasonable price, we’d be more than happy to buy it from you. We’ve purchased a number of Ford Expedition units over the years because it’s a leading vehicle in the Large SUV segment. So, feel free to give us a call or fill out our online form to get a reasonable quote for your Ford Expedition Today!
Here are some of the Ford Models We Buy: